Friday 9 November 2012

Guest DT for November - Indira Tanwar

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are enjoying the fabulous Shabby Chic Projects share by Lulupu DT this month! Best part is these are not the regular squares or rectangles but shaped cards!

For this month we have invited Indira Tanwar who writes the beautiful blog http://arty-sorts.blogspot.in/
She is a talented and versatile crafter with some genius projects. We love how she alters and recycles items into unique cards, tags and gifts! she also has been a top 3 at Lulupu challenge! So do hop over to her blog and leave her some love. And here over to Indira....





Hi. My name is Indira Tanwar and I live in Mumbai. I was really excited when Lulupu.com invited me as a Guest Designer for their Challenge#6 asked me to create an inspiration project for the theme - Shabby Chic shaped Cards

Karuna is one of the first Indian crafters I met through Facebook, and it was through her blog that I got introduced to ICR and got an opportunity to meet other Indian bloggers.





The challenge was to create a shaped Shabby Chic card and I have tried a jar shaped card for the first time!

I made this card for my mom’s birthday and so I designed it keeping her in mind. I wanted to make it fun and bright and chose a bright red color as the card base and for the roses too.

I wanted the red roses to be the center point of the card. The butterfly and flower lace die cuts are a RAK from Juhi and they were perfect for this card.

The twine is from an old price tag. I added small cherries at two places: one on the twine and other is a 3D sticker just next to the butterfly. The MOM letters are self-sticking plastic stickers.

Thanks Lulupu for this wonderful opportunity. I hope you all join in this months challenge and share what you have made. Till next time...

Love
Indira


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on being selected the GD Indira...your card is so beautiful... love the shape and the colors you have used...such fabulous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Indira...and a unique and beautiful card.great take on shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous gorgeous project Indira. I am a big fan of yours and love this project soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats indu. ..so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats Indira..love yours this style also..the roses are so pretty !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unusual shape but looks wonderful !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.