Thursday 16 May 2013

Guest Designer - Shylaa

Hello everyone,

We are happy to share a Guest post by yet another talented crafter - Shylaa from - http://adhiraacreations.blogspot.in/ for our Challenge #12 -  My First Love, My Dad

Thanks Shylaa for taking time to craft with us, over to you!

A bit about myself:

I am from Hosur, Tamilnadu and working women and a mother of two lovely kids. i have been crafting from childhood and been blogging since a year. Known for Adhiraacreations in blogland. Now I am exploring and expanding it everyday with help of beautiful world of artistic and creative people around. I love paper crafting and feel much relaxed and found myself in a different world. Hope you enjoy my little creations and would love to hear from you!







When I got a invitation from Lulupu team for GD, i was really excited and happy. Because i was given the theme My first love - my Dad to create a card. A daughter will always feel great about her dad. He is her first love and first hero. I am here in this blogland only becoz of him. He is a wonderful freehand artist. I was inspired by his paintings from childhood. And the happy part was about My dad’s birthday and my wedding anniversary falls on 4th May. Here’s is my special card for him and for my husband.

I decided to use some masculine colours as suggested byt inspiring DT  – Blue, brown, beige, orange, etc. Being a masculine card, I felt that it should not be over the top and way to girlie. I have created a D shaped card with a weaving pattern in the front. Pasted a pattern paper for the outer D and attached a small star tag to the jute twine and decorated it with white pearls. Added some glitter to the tag with a word “DAD”.

The inside of the card – I have used quilling technique instead of a regular sentiment. I have used beige colour strips for the alphabets with beehive technique and the orange flowers are made of 1mm handcut strips. Hope you like it

Thanks for the Lulupu team for inviting me as a guest designer for May month.

with love,
Shylaa

13 comments:

  1. Hearty Congratulations Shyalla:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to c u As a GD n u raelly have made a lovely card ...the quilling teck 2oo is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Shyla! Your card is amazing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Lulupu for letting us know more about Shylaashree !I loved your card Shylaa !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats shyla on ur GD post... N lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats shylaa,lovely card.nice to know about you,happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Shylaa...Lovely card...Nice to know about you..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Shyla.Cute card.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.