Thursday 28 November 2013

Guest Designer - Deepti Stephens & Shadow Box Tutorial



Some crafters steal our heart forever with their creations! And we are super excited to have the very talented Deepti Stephens yet again on Lulupu blog as a Guest Designer for Challenge 21 - Magical Memories

We have enjoyed her amazing projects every fortnight and we love her creativity and talent! Over to her!

Yay! I’m so happy to be the guest designer at Lulupu again. It’s a great honour for me. Thank you so much Karuna and Lulupu team for giving me this lovely opportunity.

I’m Deepti Stephens from Catchy Design Collections. I did BDS (Dentistry) but I’m not practicing. Currently working with my hubby, we have an Orphanage, Society and a Bible shop (we sell very rare books). Recently we’ve moved to a new home and I’m loving it. Now I’m working from home, finally got a little ‘me’ time.. :D.. I love to make crafts in a simple, fun and easy way and I love to share few tips and techniques on my Youtube Channel.

Okay! The challenge here at Lulupu is ‘Magical Memories’, with a picture as a focal point and with a framed look. I simply call it ‘frame your memories’.. :P So I’m here with a ‘Shadow Box’ for you guys! It’s so simple and easy to make. Here is what I made.. J

That’s my sissy and her hubby on their wedding day. I love this pic a lot..
A






I love this part of the box a lot. A hanging heart is just ‘wow’.. :D



Alright!! Let’s go in to the procedure on how make your unique shadow box…


Step 1
Take 4x4 (two in number) cardstocks


Step 2
Take 4x1 ½  (four in number) panels

Step 3
Score and crease these panels at ½ inch and 1 inch..



Step 4
Attach all the panels in this way..


A
Step 5
Now trace the inner part of the frame on a 4x4 panel and cut it..




Step 6

Now it’s time to assemble.. J


                       

Here is the final look.


.
Sorry for not using a picture here.. But guys! please read the rules and follow the guide lines carefully..
Okay friends! Hope you find this tutorial helpful.. 
Kindly take part in the Magical Memories challenge and have fun.. ;)



11 comments:

  1. shadow box is lovely...super cute Makeover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shadow box! Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you guest designing here once again Deepti , Congrats ! lovely shadow box,those birdies and flowers look wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Deepti... Lovely project ther

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Deepti, nice to see u in saree and thanks for sharing the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this wonderful tutorial deepti. And hey, you are a dentist too? Hi5! Nice to meet a fellow dentist who crafts too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tutorial Deepti and look quite glamorous in the saree and my you own an orphanage..that is such a noble thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tutorial and a beautiful design! Love the colors and those sweet little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks deepti for tutorial had really done beautiful job liked it so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice tute and it is very clear Deepti... Love the colors used in the creation...Thank you for the tutorial...Will sure give it a try.

    Hugs
    CAtherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.