Saturday 9 August 2014

A Nautical Masculine card !

Hello crafters!
This is Hussena here sharing with you my inspiration post for our current challenge- 'Make it Macho' hosted by out very talented DT member, Deepti. For this challenge, we are asking you to make any card or tag based on a Masculine theme using Distress inks.
Here is what I have created for this challenge!



Like you can see, I have totally gone the nautical route for my masculine card and I kept the sentiment as ' You Anchor me' which could perfectly be fit for a Father's Day or an Anniversary as well just by adding an appropriate sentiment on the inside of the card.

For this card, there are SO many first's for me. It's my first time doing a full fledged masculine card and trying out something beside floral etc :) I have heat-embossed the anchor in the centre of the card using Ranger Super Fine Silver Embossing powder on a MDF base and the four golden brads that you see on the corners are actually plain flat-backed pearls which I first coated in Versamark Ink pad, then completely covered it with Gold UTEE(Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) and heat-set it and voila! you have a gorgeous golden brad-like embellishments and nobody will know the difference! *Winks* :D

Here's a pictorial on how I did it :

The background of the card I have created using a Woodgrain embossing folder. I cut the paper into long strips measuring 3/4 of an inch by 3 inch and embossed it in the embossing folder, then I distressed it using Vintage Photo and Scattered Straw Distress inks and tried to create the wooden plank kind of effect we see on water fronts! I have created the Sailor's knot on the either side of the sentiment banner and added a die-cut 'You' and stamped my sentiment using Lawn Fawn Harol'ds ABC stamp set and finished it off with two Studio Calico Stars Wood Veneers.

Supplies used from www.lupu.com :

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME..Its totally different from your usual style..n you have rocked it Hussena..Everything is so perfect for nautical them..the knot,bg,strips ..fab !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend you always surprise me ,You are the master of all genres.I loved loved loved this card.What a great take on both nautical and masculine.You rocked it completely.Thanks for inspiring once again.and what a coincidence my blog post with my take on a masculine nautical card is going live in a few moments.btw love the tongs/ forceps you used.where can I get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cool.So many awesome details.Love what you did with the pearls and the sailors knot is such a nice touch.Totally amazed at your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Pallavi said, your card is SO damn cool! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so gorgeously masculine. The buoy..and well everything looks just great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning ,abs fabulous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That golden brad idea is simply cool :) perfect masculine card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very smart and creative card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback.