Neha here, today I am sharing with you a mixed media canvas using different techniques with Gelatos.
Gelatos are creamy, compact pigment sticks that glide easily onto paper, canvas, wood, and more. They give vibrant color and coverage and can be used dry (you can blend them easily without water by just using your finger) or dissolved with water to create cool watercolor effect.
In this canvas I have used Gelatos to color canvas using drip technique, with stencils, stamping, coloring stamped image etc. I also have a pictorial below describing the entire process. So lets get started...
1. I started with a thick chipboard and gessoed it. It gives a smooth and even background for the base.
2. Next I scribbled Raspberry and watermelon from Gelatos Mix and Match tropical set in the middle of the canvas.
3. Sprayed some water over them using mini misters.
4. As gesso offers resistance, the gelatos simply dilute and pour down the canvas beautifully - rather than absorbing into it and appearing like blobs of color. I did the same in opposite direction also.
5. Sprinkled some salt to give it more dimension and texture.
6. When it dried, just removed it with a tissue paper.
7. You can see the effect of adding salt.
8. Next I used gelatos Margarita mix and Snow cone through different stencils and just blended them with fingers before lifting up the stencils.
9. You can also use Gelatos for stamping. Just spritz some water over the stamp, rub gelatos over it and stamp the image. The image is subtle and not sharp like you would get with ink. If you want a soft watercolor effect, this is a great way to go.
10. I used a couple of texture and script stamps from Bo Bunny and Butterfly stamp from Kaisercarft.
11. Then I used DIs Black soot and Vintage photo at the edges.
12. Added some more texture using Texture paste and stencils and our background is ready.
Now you can apply gel medium over the canvas if you want this background to be permanent or otherwise don't wet this surface further. When gelatos color dries completely they become archival.
Embellished it with some diecut, stamped and colored image- Prima bloom girl- Sharon, chipboard letters and some butterflies. I have colored the image with pencil colors, sketch pens and gelatos (butterflies). Chipboard letters also have been colored with gelatos (rubbed over it and blended with fingers). Used stickles over the butterflies on the image and then coated them with glossy accents. Also used Liquid pearls over the die cut clock.
Few close ups
So guys!! I hope I have inspired you enough to work with Gelatos. They come in a wide variety of colors which are available here.
Thanks for stopping by!!! Don't forget to play along our monthly challenge- Love you SWEETS
Have a great day ahead!!!
Supplies from Lulupu: