A warm hello to all of our craft friends!
How are you all doing? Have you been linking your creations for the Lulupu Birthday Month Challenge! If not yet, then hurry up, we have still few days left!
Today, we have a well known craft personality to share a lovely inspiration with you all. None other than 'Hussena'. Yay! So over to Hussena now!
Hello everyone, This is Hussena here and I am so very glad to be a part of Lulupu’s Third Birthday Celebrations. I hope you have been enjoying all the beautiful inspiration that has been put up by the various designers and guest designers. We have a wonderful Moodboard for inspiration this time and the theme is ofcourse, birthday so I decided to create some birthday party favour bags for this occasion. So, let us just get on with it, because this is going to be a long post because I’m sharing two cute bags with tutorials.
My first bag is quite big and can hold quite an amount of chocolates, small gifts like jewellery pieces, small notebooks, stationery sets, etc.
Here’s a list of supplies I’ve used to create my bag :
- Cardstock piece- Any color.
- Pattern papers of your choice.
- Distress inks/ any other inks of your choice.
- Stamp set of your choice- I’ve used Lawn Fawn Year Three set.
- Inka Gold to add some sparkle to my balloons as well as Inkessentials Glossy Accents.
- Dies used here are- Impression Obsession Grass border die and Cheery Lynn Baby’s Breath die, Spellbinders Fluer De Lis Square dies.
Here’s how it looks after gluing and folding the scored lines.
For this bag, I have been inspired by the colors of the moodboard plus the three balloons representing the number three and infact, I have tried to replicate the look of the balloons from the moodboard. J
Techniques- Paper piecing.
Embellishments- Three balloons, Faux frame.
All other things – Gold, my sentiment banner says ‘Happy birthday’.
The second bag is a cute, lil’ party favour bag made especially to hold all those small sweets, that would be perfect to gift not only for birthday but also for any occasion.
Supplies used for this bag :
- Cardstock – Any color of your choice.
- A large background stamp- I’ve used Hero Arts/Basic Grey Herbs and Honey set.
- Versamark Dazzle Embossing ink and Ranger Superfine Clear Embossing Powder.
- Ranger Heat Tool.
- Acrylic Stamping block/ Fiskars Stamp Press.
- Distress ink of your choice with Inkessentials Blending foam.
- Punches/ dies to embellish as per your choice.
To create this bag, I have first cut and scored my bag according to the measurements given then, using a large background I have stamped and embossed my background. Colored it using Distress ink- Picked Raspberry. Try to give a color gradient while sponging your color from darkest in the bottom to the lightest in the top. I have then punched a border directly on the top side of the bag where it folds and distressed it lightly. I have used Baker’s Twine to tie my bag and made a bow. I have embellished it suing various flower dies and punches
I have taken inspiration from the colors again and the frame of the moodboard.
Techniques- Embossing, distressing and coloring.
Embellishments- Three flower clusters, faux frame again.
I hoped you liked my projects. Don’t forget to join in the fun at the Lulupu challenge. There’s still time to create and win some amazing prizes.
Have a nice day everyone!
Wow! Hussena, Just truly amazed :) What a beautiful mini and gift bag. I would love to get this one (wink wink). Thank you for sharing your creation along with the easy tutorial with us Hussena. So I hope our readers are inspired to reach out to their crafting supplies and make something unique and beautiful!
See you all very soon!